Slow-cooker Honey-soy Pulled PorkFrom champagnetime 4 months ago
- 1 6-7 lb Pork butt, fat trimmed (I left mine in one chunk, so I could slice it later) shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups Clover honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce, reduced sodium shopping list
- 1/4 cup Distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 4 Tbs Dried basil leaves shopping list
- 3 Tbs Garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Trim pork butt of all extra fat and place meat in slow-cooker.
- 2. In a separate bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, basil and garlic. Pour on top of meat.
- 3. Set slow-cooker on low for 6 hours. When done, remove meat and pour sauce into a large pyrex bowl, preferably with a pour spout. Let sit for about 20 minutes and skim off any visible fat from the top. Pour sauce into sauce pan over medium heat. Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and add slowly to the sauce.
- Continue to stir, making sure there are no clumps. Sauce will thicken once mixture is hot enough, make sure not to boil over 1 minute as the cornstarch will break down.
- 4. Shred meat with two forks and pour sauce over the meat. Eat as is or make it into a sandwich.
- Recipe from: Noble Pig