Lamb In Red Wine With DumplingsFrom Johanvanwyk 2 years ago
- 1.5 to 2kg (3 to 4½lb) lamb neck shopping list
- 4 onions - two chopped and two quartered. shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic shopping list
- 3tbs mixed chopped herbs, (thyme, rosemary, parsley, oregano) Olive oil for frying meat and onions shopping list
- 3 large carrots, chopped into chunky bits shopping list
- 1 large butternut (1/4 chopped into small cubes, about 1cm X 1cm, the rest chopped big). ½ bottle of red wine shopping list
- Splash of brandy shopping list
- 2 tins (28oz in total) of tomato and onion mix shopping list
- 2 handfuls of baby potatoes shopping list
- Salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Dough of one loaf of bread. (pre-made bread dough that you buy at the Supermarket with some flour to craft your dough balls)
- 2. Put in some olive oil, fry the chopped onions and garlic until the onions are done.
- 3. Put in the meat and brown, add some black pepper and salt.
- 4. Put in the potatoes, carrots, small chopped butternut, cans of tomato and onion, mixed herbs and the wine. Add a liberal splash of brandy.
- 5. Keep the heat consistent, listen for the low gurgle.
- 6. Cook for 2 hours.
- 7. Then add the rest of the butternut and the dumplings.
- 1.Spread some flour onto a board and rub some onto your hands.
- 2. Make 25 mm sized dough balls. Mix with fresh herbs of your choice.
- 3. Dust with flour.
- 4. Put in pot; make sure they don't touch each other.
- 5. Simmer for ¾ hour.
The CookJohanvanwyk Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!