Sunnie's French Dip SandwichesFrom sunniedae 1 week ago
- 1 2 Lb. Sir-lion Tip Roast shopping list
- 1/2 pack Lipton onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 small onion sliced shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- Kosher Salt shopping list
- Pepper shopping list
- Vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 sweet onion shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- Hoagie Rolls shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 4-6 Tbsp. parmesan cheese (trader joe's container) shopping list
- Tillamook Smoked Provolone cheese slices shopping list
- 1/2 package of Boursin Garlic and Herb cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 pack McCormick Au Jus Gravy Mix shopping list
- Foil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook Roast the day before serving the sandwiches.
- Pat roast dry with paper towels and salt and pepper roast.
- Brush roast with vegetable oil to coat. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat 10" cast iron pan on medium high heat for 6-10 minutes
- Sear roast on all sides about two minutes per side.
- Set roast on plate to rest.
- Mix onion soup mix with water and onion slices. Put roast in bottom of dutch oven with lid. Cover with water and onion mix. Roast 40-60 minutes to medium rare about 130-135 degrees. Remove Roast from dutch oven onto plate and let rest until cool enough to be refrigerated. Put in container with onion mixture and all liquid from dutch oven and plate. Refrigerate over night.
- When ready to make sandwiches remove roast from refrigerator and let rest on counter for 30 minutes. Remove from container leaving all liquid and onions in container . Slice thinly.
- Mix Au Jus mix on stove top in medium size pan according to directions.
- Add liquid and onion mixture to Au Jus.
- Slice onion and peppers,salt and pepper them, add olive oil to coat, then broil on cookie sheet 5-10 minutes until slightly charred. Stirring every couple minutes.
- Melt butter in small pan and add minced garlic. Cook garlic for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Brush Hoagie rolls with garlic butter, add some Parmesan cheese to each roll. Broil rolls until Parmesan is golden.
- Set aside when done.
- Mix mayonnaise and Boursin cheese.
- Spread a bit on each roll.
- Add sliced beef to hot Au Jus for 2 minutes to heat up meat.
- Remove from Au Jus, draining as best as possible.
- Add beef to Hoagie rolls and top with sliced smoked provolone cheese.
- Roll each sandwich in foil, put sandwiches on cookie sheet and put in warm oven for 5-10 minutes (oven should still be warm from broilier which should now be turned off). Serve with peppers and onions and Au Jus.
- Joe Joe's on the side.
The Cooksunniedae Salem, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!