SPANISH RICE PORK CHOPSFrom desertgal 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 boneless loin pork chops, trimmed, butterflied shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- ¾ cup long grain rice shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (optional) shopping list
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Melt shortening in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the pork chops in the hot shortening until browned, about 6 minutes per side; drain well.
- Combine salt, chili powder and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle on pork chops in skillet.
- Layer rice, onion and bell pepper over the chops. Pour the undrained tomatoes on top. Cook over low heat, covered until the chops and rice are tender, about 35 minutes, adding water if mixture becomes too dry.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the layers in the skillet. Serve hot.