Quinoa Stuffed PeppersFrom maccabeth 7 years ago
- 3 medium-large bell peppers, any color shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa shopping list
- 1 can vegetable broth (or 2 cups) shopping list
- 1 package mushrooms, any variety, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced shopping list
- salt/pepper to taste shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Cut the peppers in half length-wise and take out the seeds.
- Place onto a lined cookie sheet face up and salt the insides.
- Pre-cook the peppers while you prepare the stuffing.
- In a medium saucepan, add a little olive oil and sauté the onions, garlic, and mushrooms on low-med low until soft.
- Salt and pepper the veggies, then add the quinoa.
- Stir 1 minute to coat in the olive oil.
- Add the veggie broth and cover.
- Simmer on low per package directions (about 15 minutes).
- Once the peppers have softened and slightly browned in the oven, remove them and stuff with the quinoa mixture.
- Cook approximately 10-15 mins more until the quinoa is a little browned on top.
The Cookmaccabeth Alpharetta, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!