Elderberry PieFrom dvisscher 7 years ago
How to make it
- In large saucepan place elderberries, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and about 3 tbsp water.
- Slowly heat until it forms deep purple liquid and sugar dissolves.
- Stir cornstarch and water to form a runny paste then add to elderberries.
- Increase heat and stir to thicken.
- Pour into pie crust, cover with top crust and cut vents in pastry.
- Bake at 400 for 10 min then reduce heat to 350 and bake another 45- 50 minutes. Let cool at least 5 hours.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- dvisscher Cottam, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdvisscher Cottam, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!