Sweet and Sour Red CabbageFrom dvisscher 9 years ago
- 1 medium head red cabbage, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 c cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 c brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/4 c white sugar shopping list
- 6 bacon strips, diced shopping list
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/3 c onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 c water shopping list
- 3 tbsp additional cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 tsp ground cloves shopping list
How to make it
- Place the vinegar and sugars into a large bowl and stir until sugar mostly dissolves. Add shredded cabbage and stir to coat.
- Let this mix sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Remove and set aside, leaving the drippings in the pan.
- In the drippings saute the onions and apples for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the water and the cabbage mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Uncover and add the rest of the ingredients and let it all simmer away for another 20 minutes.
The Cookdvisscher Cottam, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!