Caramel Walnut BrowniesFrom askksk 9 years ago
- 1 14 oz package caramels shopping list
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided shopping list
- 1 18.25 oz package caramel-flavored cake mix (can substitute devil's food cake mix) shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves or pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Unwrap caramels, and place in a medium saucepan. Add 1/3 cup evaporated milk; cook over low heat until caramels melt, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, and set aside. Combine remaining 1/3 cup milk, the dry cake mix, and next 3 ingredients; stir just until blended. Spread half the dough into a lightly greased 9" square pan. Chill remaining dough. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- Pour warm caramel mixture over brownie layer in pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Spoon remaining half of dough into 9 equal portions on wax paper. Pat each portion into a 3 " circle. Place circles over walnuts in pan over lapping slightly. Dough will spread during baking.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill thoroughly before cutting.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- askksk LOUISVILLE, KY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookaskksk LOUISVILLE, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!