Pork Liver with Red Onion GravyFrom chrisnew 9 years ago
How to make it
- Pork Liver with Red Onion Gravy, Bacon, egg and Noodles!
- Yes I know a weird combination, but it tasted nice! anyway, here goes with what i did.
- Onion Gravy, gently fry a redonion until going brown, turn up the heat and add a spalsh of red wine then add some normal gravy, Bisto is fine and season.
- For the liver, soak the liver in milk for a while, then drain. Meanwhile, fry off some panch pooran (Indian spice mix, fennel seeds, mustard seeds and coriander I think), when the mix crackels through in some chopped bacon and fry until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and make sure the oil is hot and then add the liver and fry quickly for a couple of minutes, do not over coook it!
- Make sure you have some noodles just cooked (or use mashed potatoes but as I did not have any noodles worked fine) and fry an egg. The egg in this case was over done as I wanted it to be runny.
- Place the gravy in to a bowl, put the noodles on top, followed by the liver, egg and finally the bacon and then enjopy with a nice glass of red, I found a nice Tempranillo went very well
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chrisnew Horsham, GB
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchrisnew Horsham, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!