Vegan orange-cranberry spiced muffinsFrom vilerat 6 years ago
- 3/4C whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/4C chopped cranberries shopping list
- 2T flax seed shopping list
- 1t ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4t baking powder shopping list
- pinch ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2C orange juice shopping list
- 3/4 banana, chopped shopping list
- 4 walnuts shopping list
- 1t brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Measure out ingredients all ingredients except orange juice, walnuts and sugar then place in a large bowl.
- Mix throughly.
- Add the orange juice, mix long enough to dampen the dry ingredients but leave lumps. I almost always overmix, though. If overmixed, the muffins won't be as fluffy but they still taste great.
- Pour mixture into greased muffin tins (but I use a mini loaf pan). Place 1 walnut ontop of each muffin (or across if in loaf pan) and gently push walnut down into the muffin mixture. Push batter ontop of the walnut to cover.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar ontop of the muffins.
- Place in 400F oven for 20 minutes, checking with a toothpick to see if they're done. I usually put them in a bit longer since I like a crunchy top.