Turkey Black Bean ChiliFrom jenindallas 8 years ago
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 cup diced mushroom (optional) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- Minced serrano or chipotle pepper (optional for spicy) shopping list
- 1 lb ground turkey shopping list
- 1 can black beans, undrained shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1.5 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon corn starch shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large heavy pot over medium heat, cook onion, peppers, mushrooms, garlic and pepper until onions are translucent.
- Introduce turkey and cook, stirring, until meat is brown.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, and basil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Mix corn starch with a bit of water to make a paste. Add it to the chili and stir.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 more minutes until flavors are well blended.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
The Cookjenindallas Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!