Pork-and-Saurekraut SupperFrom jamiesflea 8 years ago
- 2 Tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 6 pork chops 3/4 thick shopping list
- 1 med onion diced shopping list
- 1 3/4 c apple juice shopping list
- 2 16oz cans sauerkraut drained shopping list
- 3 med potatoes cut in 1/4 " thick slices shopping list
- 2 med red apples cored & cut into 1/2" chunks shopping list
- 2 tsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In 12" skillet over medim-high heat, in hot oil, cook pork chops,half at a time, until browned on both sides. remove chops to plate.
- In drippings remaining in skillet, over med heat, cook onion until teder stirring occasionally. Add 1/4 cup apple juice, stirring to loosen brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- In 13 x 9 aking dish combine onion mixture, saurekraut, potatoes, apples, brown sugar, and remaining apple juice. Tuck pork chops in saurinekraut mixture; sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake in 350 F oven for 2 hours, occasionally basting meat and potatoes with liquid in baking dish, until meat and potatoes are fork tender.
The Cookjamiesflea Sumpter, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!