Broccoli And Three-cheese CasseroleFrom bluexoxo 9 years ago
- 2 cups cooked white rice shopping list
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried fines herbes shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Fontina cheese shopping list
- 4 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets (about 1 bunch) shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) reduced-fat shredded extrasharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup egg substitute shopping list
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 (1-ounce) slices firm white bread shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine the rice, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, fines herbes, and egg whites. Press mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle fontina evenly over rice mixture. Set aside.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 4 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in broccoli. Spoon broccoli mixture evenly over rice mixture. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Combine egg substitute, milk, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour egg mixture over broccoli mixture.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 1/4 cups. Combine breadcrumbs and the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over broccoli. Bake at 400° for 23 minutes or until set.
The Cookbluexoxo Willow Grove, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!