Summer Cucumber SalsaFrom bewty 8 years ago
- 3 medium-large cucumbers shopping list
- 3 small-medium tomatoes shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup red onion shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers shopping list
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro shopping list
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh dill shopping list
- 3 squeezes of lime juice (either from wedges or a lime-bottle) shopping list
How to make it
- Peel cucumber (if desired- you can leave the peel on if you prefer- I usually do, or at least leave some of it).
- Remove seeds from cucumber and discard, and chop remaining cucumber flesh into small pieces.
- Remove seeds from tomatoes and discard. Chop remaining flesh into small pieces.
- Remove seeds from bell pepper and discard. Chop bell pepper into small pieces.
- Remove seeds from jalapeno peppers and chop into very small pieces (or mince).
- Chop red onion into small pieces.
- Mince cilantro and dill.
- Combine all chopped veggies in a large bowl.
- Add cilantro and dill and mix together well.
- Add a few squeezes of lime juice and mix together again.
- Serve with your choice of tortilla chips. I use baked chips to make the recipe a little more healthy. I've found this salsa tastes great on baked "Scoops" chips, or corn tortilla chips with the "hint of lime" flavor. It especially worked well when I served it with Mango-Peach baked fruit chips!