Herbed Shrimp And TomatoesFrom dariana 8 years ago
- 2 lb. fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp (20 to 21 per lb.) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes shopping list
- lemon wedges (optional) shopping list
- Snipped fresh basil (optional) shopping list
- 1 recipe basil Dipping Sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. In large bowl combine basil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add shrimp. Toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 10 to 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet cook shrimp, half at a time, in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, stirring often to cook evenly. Transfer shrimp to serving platter.
- Add tomatoes to shrimp; gently toss to combine. Serve with lemon wedges, snipped basil, and Basil Dipping Sauce. Serve warm or chill until serving time. Makes 8 servings.
- Make-Ahead Tip: One day before, peel and devein shrimp. (Thaw frozen shrimp.) Cover; refrigerate. Two hours ahead, finish preparing recipe as directed. Cover; refrigerate until serving. Serve chilled with Basil Dipping Sauce. Fresh oregano can be substituted for basil.
- Basil Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve with Herbed Shrimp and Tomatoes. Makes 16 (1-tablespoon) servings.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating6 people
5 forks GREAT I also made this on Thanksgiving night and people loved it.lovingmybabbyalways in Winchester VA loved it
This looks wonderful I can't wait to try.latinachef in Braxton County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!