Vegan-Friendly Bolognese SauceFrom yvesveggie 8 years ago
- 1 pkg Yves Veggie ground round Original shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1—2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2—3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or red wine shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 28 oz can plum or regular tomatoes, puréed shopping list
- 1/3 cup tomato paste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Crumble Veggie Ground Round Original in medium bowl with fork. Set aside.
- 2. In saucepan, sauté onion in oil over medium heat 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- 3. Add stock or wine, bay leaves, sugar, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper and cook approximately 4 minutes, to reduce liquid by half.
- 4. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and stir well. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 10 to 25 minutes, (longer cooking deepens the flavor).
- 5. Stir in Veggie Ground Round Original and heat through.
- 6. Adjust seasoning and serve over spaghetti noodles.
The Cookyvesveggie Melville, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!