Tortilla SoupFrom reginnia0221 7 years ago
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- (I prefer to use Hernandez salsa in a can instead of diced tomatoes- it gives it an extra kick) shopping list
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- corn tortillas (cut into 1/4-inch strips then fried) shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 6 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups corn shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken (more if desired) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh epazote or 1 teaspoon dried epazote shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice shopping list
- Cubed avocado shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
- White Mexican melting cheese (as desired) shopping list
How to make it
- Place tomatoes, serrano pepper, onion, garlic and epazote into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place into a large pan with chicken broth, corn, chicken, and lime juice. Boil and season with salt to taste.
- Take tortilla strips and fry until golden brown/ crunchy.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and top with avocado,cheese, and tortilla strips. Serve with lime wedges on the side (for added taste).