Seafood LasagnaFrom aeiouys 8 years ago
- 1 green onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp plus ½ cup butter, divided shopping list
- ½ cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice shopping list
- 1 pound bay scallops shopping list
- 1 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and de-veined shopping list
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped shopping list
- ¼ tsp white pepper, divided shopping list
- ½ cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 ½ cups milk shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in oil and 2 tbsp butter until tender.
- Stir in broth and clam juice; bring to a boil.
- Add the scallops, shrimp, crab and 1/8 tsp pepper; return to a boil
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 – 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque.
- Drain, reserving cooking liquid; set aside seafood mixture.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Combine milk and reserved cooking liquid; gradually add to the saucepan.
- Add salt and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cream and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Stir ¾ cup white sauce into the seafood mixture.
- Spread ½ cup white sauce in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Top with 3 noodles; spread with half of the seafood mixture and 1 ¼ cups sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining noodles, sauce and parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35 – 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
The Cookaeiouys Thunder Bay, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!