White Chicken ChiliFrom erinslick 9 years ago
- 1 T olive oil shopping list
- 2 med onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 4oz cans chopped green chiles shopping list
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken shopping list
- 2 t ground cumin shopping list
- 1.5 t dried oregano, crumbled shopping list
- .25 t cayenne or crushed red pepper (depending on taste) shopping list
- 3 16 oz cans, great northern beans, drained & rinsed shopping list
- 6 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cups grated monterey jack cheese shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large heavy pot to med/high.
- Add onions & saute until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, chiles, chicken, cumin, oregano, and hot pepper.
- Saute 2 minutes.
- Add beans and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 hours or more.
- Add 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Stir until thick and melted.
- Season with salt & pepper. Serve with remaining cheese and sour cream.
The Cookerinslick Chantilly, VA
The Rating9 people
Great taste & texture. I used ground chiken to make things easy and used organic low sodium chicken broth. The family loved it! Makes enough for 2 meals.sckooter in springboro loved it
I made this recipe for my husband and I and like all the others have said, it was super good! It was my first time tasting white chicken chili, but I will make this recipe a staple in my kitchen! Excellent!!!!michelleigh in hampton loved it
This recipe is fantastic. To save time, I bought a roaster chicken that is already cooked at the grocery store. I also added some okra - one of my faves in white chili. Thanks for sharing!!!lauram216 in King of Prussia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!