Bubble Squeak PattiesFrom downunder 7 years ago
- 750g or about 6 medium floury or all purpose potatoes shopping list
- 3 spring onions shopping list
- ¼ cup cooked cabbage shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- Ground rock salt & black peppercorns shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup parsley or coriander leaves shopping list
- 2 fresh chilli (optional) shopping list
- 1 large carrot & zucchini grated shopping list
- ½ cup grated Tasty cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mild Indian style curry paste or powder shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- ¾ cup dried breadcrumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the potatoes with the peeler and roughly chop. Place into 1 Litre Jug, sprinkle with water, cover and cook 12 minutes on High (800 watts) or until the potatoes are very tender. Mash and set aside to cool. Shred the cabbage; very finely chop the spring onions, parsley and chilli. Grate the zucchini and carrot.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon oil in fry pan, cook the spring onions, chilli and curry paste for 1 minute. Add the carrot and zucchini, cook 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and cabbage, stir well. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until vegies are very soft. Set aside to cool. Place the mash potato, cooled vegies, parsley, eggs and breadcrumbs into large Bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- To shape burgers, divide mix into equal portion gently press to form a smooth patty. Put in fridge covered until firm to touch. Heat frypan drizzle the patties with olive oil. Cook 4-5 minutes each side, carefully turning 2-3 times great with salad or vegies and gravy or as a burger.
- Alternately mash any left over vegetables with a couple of eggs then drop a small amount shaped like a burger onto a lightly oiled frypan cook until browned
The Cookdownunder Adelaide, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!