Left Over Turkey--TetrazziniFrom xmrshughesx 7 years ago
- 2 (8oz) packages angel hair pasta shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup sliced onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- 1 (4.5oz) can sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 pound cooked turkey, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 4 minutes, or until almost tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in the flour until blended, then gradually stir in the milk so that no lumps form. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and add 2/3 cup cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Add undrained mushrooms to cheese sauce.
- Place a layer of pasta in the bottom of a 9x13-inch bking dish. Cover with a layer of turkey, and then a layer of cheese sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup cheese over top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until sauce is bubbly and cheese on top is toasted.