Chicken in White Cream Sauce With Garam MasalaFrom dvus4ever 8 years ago
- 3 med red onions shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled) shopping list
- 3 inch piece of fresh ginger (peeled & sliced) shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 inch cinnamon stick shopping list
- 12 green cardamon pods (broken open) shopping list
- 16 whole cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 1/4 tsp coriander seeds shopping list
- 5 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp white or black peppercorns shopping list
- 3 whole dried red chiles shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts cut into pieces shopping list
- 3/4 cup hot water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Mince onions, garlic, and ginger (set aside).
- Combine oil, cinnamon, cardamon, cloves, cumin, coriander seeds, bay leaves, peppercorns, and red chiles in a large skillet over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, until the cinnamon unfurls and the other ingredients are lightly brown (about 1-2 mins).
- Add onion mix and salt; continue cooking until onions are lightly brown (about 15 mins). Keep a cup of water nearby until the onion cooks. As the pieces caramalize in the bottom of pan and add 1 tsp of water at a time. Scrape the bottom of the pan and stir. Do this until the onions are golden.
- Add the ground coriander and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add 3 tblspns of yogurt and cook while stirring until the yogurt is blended. Continue adding yogurt in this manner until you've used all the yogurt.
- Add the chicken and cook while stirring (about 5 mins). Add hot water and stir. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down to low. Cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through (additional 5 mins).
- Stir in the garam masala and cook, stirring (2 mins). Stir in heavy cream and remove from the heat.
- Let the dish rest for about an hour. When ready to serve heat overa low heat and drizzle with a little heat cream.
The Cookdvus4ever Plano, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!