Turkey BrineFrom n7uvh 7 years ago
How to make it
- Put Turkey in a clean 5 gallon plastic bucket.
- pour enough water to cover turkey.
- remove turkey from bucket and add ingrediants
- stir till salt is desolved and replace turkey.
- I cook this durning the holidays so I will cover and put in my garage and let soak for 2 days where it is cold.
- on the day to cook the bird, I place the turkey on a Turkey Cannon. (campchief make them and can search on the web. If you do chicken or turkeys a lot .. Get one!)
- I place the turkey cannon in the bbq (mine is gas).. with a cookie sheet under it so keep the flare ups down.
- I take a small tin, like a empty dog food tin.. and put smoking wood chips in it. Place over a burner in bbq
- I use a oven thermonitor to cook at 425 for 30 to 45 mins .. then reduce the heat to 350.. cook till breast and thigh meat is at 165 to 170. My 18 lbs bird cooks in less then 90 mins. With the brine it will cook faster and the Turkey Cannon cuts cooking time in half.
- Your friends will be impressed.
The Cookn7uvh Cda, ID
- Not added to any groups yet!