Cornflake Crusted Baked ChickenFrom blueeyezz 9 years ago
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken drumsticks shopping list
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne papper (optional -- I have also used Mrs. Dash mixtures, or garlic powder...pretty much any seasoning your mind can think up!) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water. In a large bowl, mix cornflakes with oil, cayenne (or other seasonings), and 1 tsp salt.
- Working with one piece at a time, dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with seasoned cornflakes, pressing flakes to help them adhere. Transfer coated pieces to a rimmed baking sheet (While not required, I often spray a little Pam on to grease it a little).
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- blueeyezz Kalamazoo, MI
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookblueeyezz Kalamazoo, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!