Ricotta Orange Pound Cake with StrawberriesFrom castingcook 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature, plus more to grease the baking pan shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus 1 tablespoon shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 orange, zested shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto shopping list
- powdered sugar, for dusting shopping list
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered or 3 oranges, cut into supremes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan with butter. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, ricotta, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the machine running, add the eggs 1 at a time. Add the vanilla, orange zest, and Amaretto until combined. Add the dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, until just incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake is beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 45 to 50 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Using a mesh sieve, dust the cooled cake with powdered sugar.
- Meanwhile, place the strawberries (or orange supremes) in a small bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Let sit until the juices have pooled around the strawberries.
- To serve, slice the cake and serve with a spoonful of strawberries and their juices over the top of the cake.