Tex-Mex Omelete With SpinachFrom dariana 10 years ago
- 1 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- Dash ground cumin shopping list
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese with jalape�o chile peppers, reduced-fat cheddar cheese, or reduced-fat swiss cheese, shredded (1 ounce) shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach leaves shopping list
- 1 recipe Corn-pepper relish shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium mixing bowl beat egg product, cilantro, salt, and cumin with a whisk or rotary beater until frothy.
- Coat an unheated 10-inch nonstick skillet with flared sides with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat or until skillet is hot.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared skillet. Cook, without stirring,until egg mixture begins to set on the bottom and around edge. Run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges until egg mixture is almost set. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with three-fourths of the spinach and half of the Corn-Pepper Relish.
- Using the spatula, lift and fold an edge of the omelet partially over filling. Top with remaining spinach and the remaining relish. Cut omelet in half; transfer omelet to warm plates.
- Corn-Pepper Relish: In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper; 1/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed; 2 tablespoons chopped red onion; and 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro.