BorschtFrom thatgirlbill 6 years ago
- 1 head green cabbage shopping list
- 8 medium beets shopping list
- 1 cup seaside lima beans (the big, puffy ones) shopping list
- 4 all purpose potatoes shopping list
- 3 medium onions shopping list
- 1 big can tomato puree shopping list
- pinch of sour salt (if you can't get sour salt, kosher is fine) shopping list
- sugar or honey 3 - 4 tablespoons shopping list
How to make it
- Steam beets until tender and peel.
- Grate half of the beets and then cut the remaining in chunks.
- Combine with onions and potatoes, cabbage and beans in large soup pot.
- Cover with water.
- Cook 45 minutes over medium low heat.
- Add tomato puree.
- Cook for another fifteen minutes, add sugar and salt.
- Cook another 15 minutes.
- Chill well before serving.
The Cookthatgirlbill Spanish Springs, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!