Chicken or pork adoboFrom nemesisvex 8 years ago
How to make it
- Defrost your chicken or pork.
- Put water, soy sauce, lemon juice, black peppercorn, garlic cloves and bay leaf into a pot and boil. The objective is to create a soup that is tangy and acidic. Always put more soy sauce than lemon juice -- the juice is intended to add the twang, so it must never overpower the soy sauce. You will need to keep tasting until you achieve a taste you prefer.
- Once you get the soup to taste as you like, add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes. Re-taste to make sure any water lost by the chicken doesn't dilute your soup. You will probably need to add more soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Cook for at least another 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice, preferably calrose or any similar medium- or short-grain rice.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- sjhala Shelbyville, IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooknemesisvex Austin, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!