Macaroni SaladFrom shirlex7565 8 years ago
- 8 oz uncooked macaroni, elbow shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup red onion(s), finely chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook macaroni according to package directions without added salt or fat; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and garlic powder; stir mixture into cooked macaroni. Fold in celery, onion and parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled. Yields about 2/3 cup per serving.
- The hint of celery, garlic and onion makes this creamy salad a super-flavorful, easy-to-prepare mainstay for your menu. For added color, stir in diced tomatoes.
- Feel free to swap whole wheat pasta for regular pasta if desired.
- 3 points per 2/3 cup serving