Seafood GumboFrom lgoodies 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup of oil shopping list
- 3 cups chopped onions shopping list
- 1 T chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 bunches chopped green onion tops shopping list
- 2 cups chopped celery shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped bell peppers (red and yellow) shopping list
- 2- 14oz cans stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 lbs. peeled shrimp shopping list
- 1 lb crab meat shopping list
- 6 cups sliced okra shopping list
- 1 lb "hot" smoked link sausage shopping list
- 2 T creole seasoning, salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 t gumbo file' shopping list
- 8-12 cups water (depending on desired consistency of gumbo) shopping list
How to make it
- Make a roux by mixing oil and flour over medium heat in skillet (stirring constantly) until it is a rich dark brown.
- Cook on high 1 minute and then stir. Repeat this step, reducing cooking time as roux becomes light brown. Continue until mixture has turned a deep rich brown (don't burn). Saute' onions, celery, bell pepper and green onions with roux in large stock pot until vegetables are wilted (not browned). Place okra and sausage on a plate covered with paper towels to remove excess fat. Add shrimp, sausage, okra and garlic to cooked vegetables and saute' for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, Creole seasoning, file', salt and pepper and bring to a light bubble. Cook 8 minutes. Add crab meat and cook 5 minutes until shrimp is tender. Do not overcook seafood. Serve alone or over rice.
The Cooklgoodies Kirkland, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!