Collard Green SoupFrom brznbroad 7 years ago
- 32 ounces chicken stock shopping list
- 1 large bunch fresh collard greens, cleaned and chopped shopping list
- 1 stick smoked chorizo (Mexican) sausage, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 can white kidney (canelloni) beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepot, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add the chopped greens and bring back to a boil. Cover the pot, reduce heat to medium, and simmer the greens for about 45 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sliced chorizo sausage and simmer an additional 15 minutes, covered. Then add the beans and heat through. Salt and pepper to taste.
- This soup is wonderful with fresh-baked cornbread.
The Cookbrznbroad Dewy Rose, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!