Sooji DhoklaFrom bsar 9 years ago
- 2 cups of Sooji (cream of wheat), lightly roasted shopping list
- 2 cups of curds/buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp. of ginger paste shopping list
- 5 Green chillies, ground to a paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of Chilli powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. of salt shopping list
- 3/4 cups of water shopping list
- 2 tsp. of fruit salt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat pressure cooker with enough water in it.
- Mix sooji, curds, ginger, chilli paste, salt and water to make a thick batter.
- Mix in fruit salt and spread batter in a wet thali. Sprinkle chilli powder over it.
- Steam for about 10 to 12 minutes without weight. Let cool.
- Cut into pieces and serve with green coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
- Take care to place the thali over a vessel to prevent water in the pressure cooker from getting into the mixture.