Multigrain PancakesFrom tooheymomster 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup oatmeal shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste shopping list
- 2 eggs or equivalent egg substitute shopping list
- 4 tbsp. honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 4 tbsp. canola oil shopping list
- 2 (2 1/4 cups) low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Combine whole wheat and all-purpose flours, oatmeal, cornmeal, baking poder, baking soda and salt in a food processor and process only to blend.
- Blend oil, eggs, 2 cups of buttermilk and honey together in a large bowl.
- Add flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Fold in pecans.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush with oil.
- Ladle a 1/4 cup-measure of batter onto griddle for each 4-inch pancake.
- Cook until golden brown on the bottom and small bubbles form on surface, about 1 minute.
- Turn and cook second side until brown.
- Adjust heat to keep pancakes from burning before cooking through.