Whole-Wheat Dark Chocolate BrowniesFrom cherrycola 9 years ago
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 3/4 cup dutch process cocoa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat over to 350. Lightly grease 9x13 pan
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, or in a saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir to combine. Return the mixture to the heat (or microwave) just until it's hot, but not bubbling. Don't worry if it separates; just stir it briefly to recombine.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder and vanilla. Add the eggs, stiring until smooth, then add the flour and chocolate chips, again stirring until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the brownie for 30 minutes, until a cake tester poked into the center reveals wet crumbs, but not raw batter. The brownies should feel set on the edges and in the center. Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Cover and let sit overnight before cutting and serving - this gives the wheat bran a chance to soften.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- cherrycola Chicago, IL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔