Barbecued Spare Ribs with Onion FlowersFrom mystic75 7 years ago
- 3 onion 'flowers' (see below) shopping list
- 8 spare ribs of pork shopping list
- peanut oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon yellow Soya bean shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red bean curd shopping list
- 1 dessert spoon ginger sherry shopping list
- 1 level teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Ve-Tsin (mono sodium glutamate) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce shopping list
How to make it
- TO MAKE THE ONION 'FLOWERS'
- Cut four 11/2 to 2 inch lengths of firm green spring onion stalks, them cut down one-third way from each end.
- Drop them into cold iced water and the ends will spring out into circular fringes or 'flowers'.
- Allow 2 ribs per person, as above. Wash them well in cold water. Spread a little peanut oil over the inside of a roasting tin or heatproof dish which will hold the ribs comfortably in one row. Lay the spare ribs in it.
- In a basin, mix and pound together to a pulp the Soya bean and bean curd. Well work in the sherry, salt sugar and Ve-Tsin to a smooth pulp. Add and work in the soy sauce. Cover the spare ribs with this mixture. Place for 20 minutes in a very hot oven (Gas Mark 8). Turn the ribs and give them another 30 minutes, them turn them again and give them 20 minutes more.
- Place with their sauce on a heated serving dish and garnish with the onion 'flowers'