Sweet Slightly Sour ShrimpFrom eatshrimp 6 years ago
- 2 cups instant brown rice (about 4 cups cooked) shopping list
- One 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits or chunks packed in juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup water or all-natural chicken broth shopping list
- 1/3 cup lite teriyaki sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, optional shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- One 16-ounce bag frozen Asian-style mixed vegetables, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon bottled minced ginger shopping list
- 1 pound medium cooked shrimp, fresh or frozen, thawed shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside. Drain the juice from the pineapple into a bowl. Add the water, teriyaki, vinegar, peanut butter as desired, and cornstarch and whisk until well blended. Set aside. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat, add the vegetables and ginger, and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and pineapple and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Re-whisk the pineapple juice mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer and stir gently until the mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Serve over rice.
- Moms’ Kitchen Note:
- If you can’t find frozen Asian vegetables, use any other frozen vegetables that your family likes.
- For more great shrimp recipes visit www.eatshrimp.com
The Cookeatshrimp Orlando
- Not added to any groups yet!