brandied- ham steaksFrom troutwhisperer 7 years ago
- couple handfuls of raisins shopping list
- two pats of butter shopping list
- can of sliced pineapple rings in syrup shopping list
- small can of diced peaches in syrup shopping list
- i bottle of brandy shopping list
- drain the pineapple juice and refill can with brandy over the top of pineapple rings shopping list
- do the same with the diced peaches shopping list
- let marinade in refridge over night..you may need to top off the can's once before bed shopping list
- 6 -1/2 inch thick ham slices ...half a dinner plate size shopping list
How to make it
- pre heat oven to 350
- on a tin foil covered cookie sheet lay out the ham slices.tight together
- fold up the tin foil so the edges form a cup around the meat.
- put one marinaded pineapple ring on each ham slice
- spoon on the peaches equally over the ham into the pineapple rings
- now make a tin foil tent over all this and seal it up
- bake for about 30 minutes..
- take the tent off and bake again for fifteen minutes or give it a quick hit under the broiler..just brown off the ham and the fruit
- the brandy you used for mainade can be used -- if you make a raisin brandy gravy for the ham slices...
- spoon some of the cooked ham drippings juice from the tin foil boat into a small sauce pan..
- take the saved juice from the two cans of fruit
- take some of the excess brandy marinade and slolwy thin the fruit juice in a sauce pan over low heat.
- add like two pats of real butter.
- add rasins until it starts to thicken and goes hazel colored..it will get bubbly and its done
- ....this is thick and sweet...dont use to much brandy mairinade
- this is cooked every year at least once during duck camp. the entire place smells good.....serve this with warm dinner rolls and baked beans.....and the rest of the brandy bottle of course..
The Cooktroutwhisperer Two Harbors, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!