Homemade Chicken and NoodlesFrom wild2u 7 years ago
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 cans fat free chicken broth (49.5 oz) or bullion to make broth shopping list
- 3 stalks celery (chopped) shopping list
- 3 carrots (chopped) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) shopping list
- 1 medium onion (chopped) shopping list
- 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch + 1/4 to 1/2 c. water shopping list
- 5 lb. potatoes shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbps. butter shopping list
- noodles shopping list
- 2 eggs and a little salt shopping list
- About 1C. flour (enough to make dough stiff) shopping list
- flour for rolling out dough shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and slice potatoes and put in cool water and set a side.
- Boil chicken breasts in water.
- In a seperate pot combine broth, celery, carrots,onion and garlic. Bring to a boil. Cook on medium until Chicken is ready.
- Let cool and cut chicken into chunks and add to soup.
- Mix up the noodle dough and let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Roll out dough to about 1/8 of an inch.
- Cut with pizza cutter in strips however big or small you want them.Don't worry they don't have to be all the same size.
- Bring soup back to boil and then stretch noodles pulling them apart and toss into soup.
- Start cooking potatoes
- Boil noodles for 10 to 15 minutes. Stirring constantly.
- While the noodles are cooking add the cornstarch water and stir to thicken into a thin gravy consistancy.
- Mash potatoes, adding a little butter, salt and pepper and serve with the potatoes under the soup.