Lemon-Ginger Ice Cream PieFrom lohashim 7 years ago
- 9 (2-inch) gingersnap cookies shopping list
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon waterFilling shopping list
- 1 (15.75 ounce) can lemon pie filling shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- Place cookies in food processor bowl with metal blade or blender container;
- Process 20 to 30 seconds or until crumbs are very fine.
- Reserve 2 teaspoons crumbs for garnish.
- Put remaining crumbs in food processor bowl,
- add corn flake crumbs, sugar and margarine.
- With machine running, add water, processing until blended
- . Press mixture firmly in bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie pan.
- Set aside.In small bowl, combine pie filling and lemon juice until well blended. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together ice cream and lemon peel just until mixed.
- Quickly spread half of ice cream mixture in crust-lined pan.
- Top with pie filling mixture, spreading evenly.
- Spoon remaining ice cream mixture over top; spread evenly to cover.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Freeze at least 2 hours or until firm in center.
- To serve, let pie stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into wedges.
The Cooklohashim Riyadh, SA
The Rating1 people
unusual flavour combination !!!!!!!!!a must try
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it