Carolina Double Crust Apple PieFrom wdsdy 7 years ago
- 1 (9-inch) Double crust pastry shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, more or less to taste shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 5 medium Granny Smith or Jonathan apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with half the pastry.
- Combine sugar, flour, lemon rind, cinnamon and salt; stir well.
- Sprinkle one-third of mixture into pastry shell.
- Top with apple slices.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over apples, dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, and slit in several places to allow steam to escape; seal and flute edges.
- Brush pastry lightly with beaten egg white.
- Bake at 450-degrees for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 375-degrees, and bake an additional 30 minutes.