Pork chops with Apple Mash and seasonal VegFrom troublemonster 9 years ago
How to make it
- Take the pork chop out of the fridge while you are prepping.
- Peel the carrots and the parsnips. place them in boiling water for 5 minutes or until they are tender. Place them in a preheated roasting tin with some butter and roast them for approx 30 mins, Gas 6.
- Peel the potatoes, put them in a large pan with salty water and bring to the boil until tender.
- Peel the apples, Core them. Put them in a pan with a tablespoon of water and a tablespoon of sugar. Put them on a medium low heat and cook them down until they are soft and mash easily.
- Once the potatoes are done, mash them with some milk and butter so they are quite firm. Once they are mashed and lump free, add the mashed apples and whisk the spud and apple together. Keep on a small ring and very low heat, make sure u keep an eye on them!
- Heat a frying pan with some oil and place the pork chop in the pan.
- Cook on a medium heat for approx 4 minutes one side, and then 3 minutes on the other.