Three Cheese Pasta BakeFrom wilmadelgado 9 years ago
- 1 (8 oz) package penne pasta shopping list
- 2 TBSP butter (not margarine) shopping list
- 2 TBSP flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup half and half shopping list
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) shredded white cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (8 oz) shredded gruyere cheese, divided* shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- pinch of ground nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and half and half, cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, and next 3 ingredients, until smooth.
- Stir together pasta and cheese mixture, and pour into a lightly greased baking dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of Gruyere cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- * Swiss cheese may be substituted.
- Note. To make ahead, proceed with recipe as directed through Step 3. (Do NOT top with remaining Gruyere cheese) Cover and chill up to 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Increase oven temperature to 400. Top pasta mixture with remaining Gruyere cheese, and bake 10 more minutes until golden.
The Cookwilmadelgado New Orleans, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!