Date Flip CakeFrom ceetwo 9 years ago
How to make it
- Boil together the brown sugar, orange zest and shortening until hot. Mix up your favorite pancake recipe (using whatever recommended liquid,) add the chopped dates and stir until smooth.
- Pour pancake batter in a greased 9" x 12" cakepan. Slowly pour the hot brown sugar mixture over the batter mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Cut into 6 squares while still warm and serve by flipping upside down on dessert plate.
- Batter and brown sugar mixture will switch from top to bottom.
- Serve with whipping cream, or our favorite, half and half.
The Cookceetwo Fallbrook, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!