Chunky Roasted Vegetable and Chicken ChiliFrom debwin 8 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or shopping list
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1tsp cumin shopping list
- olive oil or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3Tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2tsp salt shopping list
- 28oz can chopped tomato's shopping list
- 19oz can kidney beans or black beans, drained shopping list
- 3 sweet peppers, preferably different colours shopping list
- 2 zucchini shopping list
- 2tsp dried thym leaves shopping list
- 1/2c fresh chopped corriander shopping list
How to make it
- Oven 475F. Rack in top third of oven. Cut chicken into large chunks, place in a bowl, sprinkle with cumin, stir, set aside.
- Lightly coat a large wide saucepan with oil over medium heat. Add onion, sprinkle with chili powder salt and garlic powder. Cook until onions are soft, 5 mins. Stir in tomato's and kidney beans. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer gently for 15mins.
- Cut peppers into large chunks. Slice zucchini in half lengthwise then thickly slice. Place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with oil and sprinkle with thyme, toss to coat then spread evenly in pan. Bake until vegetables start to soften, about 15 mins.
- Just before the vegetables are done add the chicken to the tomato mixture. Stir often until cooked through, 6-7 mins. Stir in roasted vegetables and corriander. Spoon into bowls and dollop with sour cream and sprinkle with corriander.
- Garnish ideas: ~ cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- ~ chopped tomato's or salsa
- ~ chopped avocado
- ~ sliced green onion and sour cream