Black Bean and Sausage ChiliFrom calder 5 years ago
- 2, 1-lb. packages breakfast sausage, (try one "hot" shopping list
- and one regular) shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp ground oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 medium onions shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapenos shopping list
- 3, 14-oz cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 2, 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
How to make it
- Chop onions, garlic and jalapenos in food processor.
- In large skillet saute sausage and beef with spices,
- onions, garlic and jalapenos until meat is browned.
- Inmeantime, puree lightly the tomatoes and set aside.
- When meat is browned through, drain and put in crock
- pot. Add tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Turn heat to low and simmer about 2 hours more or
- until onions are tender.
- Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Add the beans and heat through.
- Serve with sour cream and grated cheese (optional).
People Who Like This Dish 1
- calder Seattle, WA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcalder Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!