Prosciutto And Swiss Stuffed Veal ChopsFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 2 veal chops,loin or rib shopping list
- 2 thin slices prosciutto shopping list
- 2 thin slices swiss cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- flour for dredging shopping list
- 1 egg slightly beaten shopping list
- 2c fresh bread crumd shopping list
- 1Tbs butter shopping list
- 1Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 ripe tomatoes,peeled,seeded,chopped shopping list
- 2Tbs. chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 4 anchovy fillets,optional shopping list
How to make it
- In each chop,cut a horizontal slit in the side,forming a small pocket,insert a piece of prosciutto and a piece of cheese.
- Season chops with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour,dip in egg and coat generously with bread crumbs.
- In a large saute pan,heat butter and oil. Brown chops on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In a large skillet,stirring,cook tomatoes and basil 5 mins. Add veal chops. Finish cooking,taking care not to disturb bread crumb crust.
- To serve,place chops on a platter on a bed of tomato sauce. If desired,top each with 2 anchovy fillets.