Secret Ingredient LasagnaFrom dalamy 7 years ago
- 2 lbs ground chuck shopping list
- 3 tablespoons onion flakes, finely minced or 1 small onion, finely minced shopping list
- 1/16 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, pressed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon basil shopping list
- 6 ounces tomato paste shopping list
- 15 ounces tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 (9 ounce) barilla rolled flat lasagna noodles shopping list
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups kraft parmesan cheese shopping list
- 4-6 cups shredded Italian cheese blend shopping list
- 18 barilla lasagna noodle shopping list
How to make it
- Brown ground chuck with onion. Drain off grease and add allspice and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, fennel, cinnamon, oregano, and basil. Stir until meat is well coated. Stir in tomato paste until meat is well coated. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Simmer covered for 2 hours.
- 2Boil 18 of the noodles for 5 minutes just to soften. Drain and rinse with cold water. Lay flat on layered paper towels so the noodles do not stick together.
- 3Mix together ricotta cheese, egg, and ½ cup parmesan cheese.
- 4Spray a 15 x 11 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread a small amount of sauce on bottom just to keep the noodles from sticking. Then layer in this order: 6 noodles, 1/3 of meat sauce, ½ of ricotta cheese mix, 1/3 cup of parmesan (sprinkle to cover), 1/3 of shredded cheese mix, 6 noodles, 1/3 of meat sauce, ½ of ricotta mixture, 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese(sprinkle to cover), 1/3 of shredded cheese, 6 noodles, 1/3 of meat sauce, 1/3 shredded cheese mix, and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (sprinkle to cover).
- 5Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes until bubbly. Remove foil and continue baking for 15 additional minutes or until the cheese on top browns slightly.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- dalamy Maineville, OH
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdalamy Maineville, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!