Pan-Asian Teriyaki SpareribsFrom jovi_nutt 7 years ago
- 2 3 pound racks pork spareribs, trimmed shopping list
- 1 12-ounce bottle thick terriyaki baste and glaze shopping list
- 1/3 c. dry sherry shopping list
- 4 tsp dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp finely chopped peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp chili-garlic sauce shopping list
- 1 c. hickory smoke chips, soaked in water 30 min, drained. shopping list
How to make it
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375. Sprinkle ribs with pepper. Wrap each rib rack tightly with heavy duty foil.
- Set packets on large rimmed baking sheet. Bake ribs until just tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool ribs 30 minutes in foil. Unwrap foil. Pour all juices from ribs into medium bowl. ( Cover ribs and pan juices separately and chill.)
- Spoon off and discard fat from surface of pan juices. Stir teriyaki baste and next 4 ingredients into pan juices.
- Prepare barbecue ( medium heat). Place smoke chips in 8x6 in foil packet with open top. Set packet atop coals about 5 minutes before grilling. Grill ribs until heated through and well glazed, turning and basting often with teriyaki mixture, about 20 minutes total.