Grilled Italian Skirt SteakFrom aldente76 6 years ago
- 12 oz skirt or flank steak shopping list
- 1 can (15.5 oz) cannellini beans shopping list
- 1 large red onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary (or 1 tsp dried) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium pan over medium heat, cook the onion in half of the olive oil for 10 minutes, until it's soft and slightly brown. Add the vinegar and cook another 5 minutes.
- Heat a pot with the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, beans, and rosemary and cook for 5 minutes. Use a potato masher or a fork to roughly mash the beans. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a grill, grill pan, or cast-iron skillet over high heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper and grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Slice and serve over the beans, and spoon the onions on top.
- (from Men's Health, Jan/Feb '08)