Apricot Stuffed Spice Rubbed Pork LoinFrom jovi_nutt 8 years ago
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp five-spice powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper shopping list
- 1 1/3 c. finely chopped dried apricots ( 1 16-ounce package) shopping list
- 2 tbsp capers shopping list
- 1 ( 3-pound) pork loin roast shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine apricots and capers; set aside. Trim fat from pork. Cut a 1 1/2-inch wide horizontal slit into the end of pork; cut through to other end of pork to form a deep pocket using a long thin knife.Spoon apricot mixture into pocket, pack using the handle of a wooden spoon. Rub surface with cumin mixture. Place pork on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Insert a meat thermometer into thickest part of pork. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 55 minutes or until thermometer registers 160 ( slightly pink).